- April 25th – 4th and 5th Quiz Bowl at Minden High @ 9:00
- April 26th – 5th grade field trip to Houston – will depart at 4:00 a.m.
- April 29th – May 3rd – 3rd and 4th grade LEAP 2025 test
- May 6th – 10th – Teachers’ Appreciation Week
- May 7th – NWJH drama club perform @ 9:30; AR 100 point club field trip to Shreveport Aquarium
- May 9th – 4-H Fun Day
- May 10th – 5th grade tour of NWJH @ 8:30; 5th grade dance @ 6:00 p.m.
- May 13th – PTO Fun Day
- May 14th – 5th grade graduation @ 6:00 p.m.
- May 17th – Awards Program @ 9:00 a.m.
- May 21st – Last day for students and teachers; MAIL REPORT CARDS
LEAP2025 TESTING SCHEDULE FOR 3rd and 4th GRADES
Monday, April 29th - ELA and Math Session 1
Tuesday, April 30th - ELA and Math Session 2
Wednesday, May 1st - ELA and Math Session 3
Thursday, May 2nd - Science Sessions 1, 2, and 3
Friday, May 3rd-Social Studies Sessions 1 and 2
If your child is unable to come to school for the test due to an illness, p call the school and let us know. You must provide the school with a letter from your doctor on his/her letterhead stationary stating why they cannot test. Be sure that the dates listed above are given on the doctor’s letter, so the student will be excused. It must be signed by the DOCTOR (not a nurse, nurse practitioner, or doctor’s assistant) and delivered to the school. Students who do not make up their test before the testing window closes will receive a zero.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Make sure your child gets a good nights’ sleep before testing
- Make sure your child eats a healthy breakfast each day of testing
- Be ON TIME (If we have already begun testing for the day, student will have to wait to take test in the afternoon.)
- Do not allow your child bring his/her cell phone or smart watch to school during testing. If they bring it by accident, tell them to turn it off and give it to their teacher. If their phone goes off during testing, their test will be voided.
- Stay calm and be positive the day of testing, so your child won’t be stressed.